VAT Tax Analyst II[expand title=”Click for job details”]
Salary 2190 eur
|Our client is looking to employ a Compliance Tax Analyst II as part of their VAT Compliance and Controllership team based in Bratislava, Slovakia. This department is well known in the company for being a very fast-paced, dynamic and increasingly team-focused working environment. The successful candidate will be working as part of a larger team with responsibility of preparing, reviewing and submitting of European VAT returns and all related filings. You will also assist with the provision of data to tax authorities that are related to third party sellers.
As VAT Tax Analyst II you will:
· Prepare, review and submit European VAT returns and related filings;
· Prepare, review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary;
· Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
· Assist with VAT compliance queries from the client’s businesses operating across Europe;
· Assist in the mapping of VAT processes, and identify areas for improvement and solutions for VAT issues;
· Prepare and review month-end VAT account reconciliations;
· Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
· Provide VAT compliance support to colleagues throughout the business and, in particular, accounting groups;
· Participate in cross-functional projects.
Basic Qualities & Qualifications in this role:
· 4-6 years of experience of working in a finance and/or VAT compliance function;
· Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
· Experience of working in a large multinational organisation or accountancy firm;
· Strong computer, particularly MS Excel, skills;
· Good communication and personal skills with a hands-on team-oriented attitude;
· Ability to communicate in English (written and verbal), additional languages are a benefit
· Able to take ownership of work, implement change, and demonstrate a problem-solving approach;
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
· A strong desire to exceed expectations;
· Organised, analytical and methodical with strong attention to detail;
· A recognised accounting or tax partial/full qualification (CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar);
· University degree
· Experience of compliance in European jurisdictions.
Base pay for this position is 2,190 euro a month and there are further pay components within the total compensation.