|Our client is currently looking to employ a VAT professional who will be responsible for managing their VAT Compliance and Controllership team as part of their operations in Bratislava, Slovakia. The workplace environment will suit the candidate who works best in dynamic and fast-paced workplaces with a strong focus to the team. This vital position is expected to perform many duties including the recruitment, development and management of a team that’s responsibilities include preparing, reviewing and submitting various European VAT returns and related filing son behalf of the business. In this position you will be dealing with third parties in relation to managing the provision of data to tax authorities.
In this role, you will:
· Review and submit European VAT returns and related filings such as EU Sales Listings;
· Review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary;
· Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
· Manage and assist with VAT compliance queries from the client’s businesses operating across Europe;
· Provide intelligent and creative solutions to VAT issues both reactively and proactively;
· Review month-end VAT account reconciliations;
· Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
· Liaise with, and deal with VAT compliance and audit enquiries from, tax authorities;
· Provide support to and partner with colleagues throughout the business and, particularly, accounting groups;
· Lead and participate in cross-functional projects;
· Map VAT processes and identify areas for improvement;
· Support business growth and on-boarding of new companies and entities;
· Act as people manager for the members of the team.
You will need basic Qualities & Qualifications which are;
· ACCA/tax qualified equivalent or related field;
· 8+ years of experience of working in a finance and/or VAT compliance function;
· Experience of working in a large multinational organisation or accountancy firm;
· Ability to communicate in English (written and verbal), additional languages are a benefit
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
· A strong desire to exceed expectations;
· Organised, analytical and methodical with strong attention to detail;
· Strong computer, particularly MS Excel, skills;
· Good communication and personal skills with a hands-on team-oriented attitude;
· Able to take ownership of work, lead projects, initiate and implement change, and demonstrate a problem-solving approach;
· Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
• University degree
• Experience of VAT compliance in European jurisdictions.
Base pay for this position is 3,140 euro and there are further pay components within the total compensation.
For further information on this opportunity, please feel free to contact Miki Soma on to firstname.lastname@example.org . +353 (0)1634 2776.