We are bringing on our website Slovakian recipes. Slovakian food is not light, it is based on the flour and potatoes. Slovakia used to be very agro-cultural country , so the food’s character must have filled the tummy ! We can only confirm, that food is very tasty though
Recipe for Bryndzove Halusky
- 2-3 Potatoes
- Flour 4-5 tbsp
- 1 egg
- Peel potatoes and finely shred them.
- Add egg and flour. Make a dough that is not too tough but not to watery. You may use more or less flour or add a little bit of water if it is too tough.
- Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Boil water w 2 tbsp of salt. use teaspoon to drop a little bit of the dough into the boiling water. Be sure the water is always boiling.
- When halusky are done they will float on top of the water, Pick them out with a strainer.
- If you can not find bryndza (it is cheese from sheep), you can use 1 package of Feta Cheese and 3/4 of a pack of cream cheese, and 3-4 tbsp of milk.
- Heat everything together. Mix all the time. When it starts to boil, remove from the heat.
- Cut up little pieces of bacon and fry them. Serve halusky with the cheese sauce on top and sprinkle with the bacon pieces.